In this section
- Annual Reports provide an annual overview of the DPC community. They are a guide to what a large cross section of institutions are doing to ensure continuing access.
- Case studies - Now available
- Digital Preservation Jargon Buster - a single page document which provides a guide to acronyms and jargon common in digital preservation
- 'Mind The Gap' - a major report published in 2006 which explains in detail the steps the UK needs to take so that our generation can ensure a digital legacy
- Occasional papers and conference reports - from time to time the DPC commissions or publishes papers on specific topics which provide an advanced reconnaissance to those engaged in digital preservation. We also publish informal notes from conferences and workshops, in the first instance for our members and for wider circulation after a fixed duration.
- Preservation Handbook which is intended as a simple but comprehensive guide to Digital Preservation planning for all kinds of projects and institutions.
- Technology Watch Reports are commissioned by DPC from leading developers and are intended to provide an advanced introduction for those looking at specific issues of preservation and access
- Surveys and reports that identify the scope and scale of digital preservation needs
- What's New in Digital Preservation which provides a short, frequently updated digest of new events, projects and services as they emerge
About our publications:
All DPC Publications, joint publications with partners, or publications which seek DPC endorsement should embody the values of the Coalition and articulate them implicitly or explicitly as the context permits. To ensure this happens all publications that emanate from the DPC should:
- Be informed, current, concise and balanced
- Lower the barriers to participation in digital preservation
- Be derived from the needs of the membership and deliver benefit to members
- Be consistent with the mission of the Coalition
- Be of utility to non-members
- Have explicit quality criteria and impact measures
10 Dec 2013 | 16:57pm
10 Dec 2013 | 15:57pm
9 Dec 2013 | 16:50pm
9 Dec 2013 | 16:22pm
Three Vacancies at the British Library (Sound Archive): Project Manager; Metadata Manager and Project Officer
26 Nov 2013 | 12:33am
25 Nov 2013 | 0:00am
DPC on Twitter
- Vacancy at DPC: Project Officer
- Vacancy at the University of Aberystwyth: Chair in Digital Humanities / Digital Information
- Vacancy at Digital Repository of Ireland: Post Doctoral Research in Linked Data
- Vacancy at Royal Museums Greenwich: Records Manager
- Vacancy at National Library of Scotland: Digitisation Programme Coordinator
- Slides now available from 'Preservation, Trust and Continuing Access to e-Journals'