In this section
The Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC) is an advocate and catalyst for digital preservation, enabling our members to deliver resilient long-term access to content and services, and helping them derive enduring value from digital collections. We raise awareness of the importance of the preservation of digital material and the attendant strategic, cultural and technological issues. We are a not-for-profit membership organisation and we support our members through knowledge exchange, capacity building, assurance, advocacy and partnership. Our vision is to make our digital memory accessible tomorrow.
We concentrate our activities on the following five strategic themes:
- Workforce development and capacity building
- Knowledge exchange
- Developing assurance and practice
- Partnership and sustainability
In everything we do the DPC shall:
- Operate as a neutral body.
- Embrace a consultative, innovative and open approach.
- Engage in a collaborative manner with all stakeholders to comprehend and respond to their needs.
- Maintain sound stewardship of the Coalition’s resources.
- Share best practice and enable knowledge transfer with our members to support their local priorities.
- Maintain vendor neutrality.
- Support developments of standards and generic approaches to digital preservation.
- Respond to the needs of members in the delivery of services.
- Be authoritative, current and concise in all our publications and communications.
For more details see
DPC on Twitter
- What's New - Issue 55, March 2014
- DPC joins collaboration to create an electronic ‘ark’ for digital and paper-based records
- Digital Preservation Awards 2014 to be announced at Jisc Digifest
- Digital Preservation Awards 2014 launched at Jisc Digital Festival
- 'Technology Bytes: Tools and Services for Digital Preservation in Bite-Sized Chunks' - Session two now open for member registration
- 'Technology Bytes: Tools and Services for Digital Preservation in Bite-Sized Chunks' - Session one now open for member registration