In this section
The Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC) is an advocate and catalyst for digital preservation, enabling our members to deliver resilient long-term access to content and services, and helping them derive enduring value from digital collections. We raise awareness of the importance of the preservation of digital material and the attendant strategic, cultural and technological issues. We are a not-for-profit membership organisation and we support our members through knowledge exchange, capacity building, assurance, advocacy and partnership. Our vision is to make our digital memory accessible tomorrow.
We concentrate our activities on the following five strategic themes:
- Workforce development and capacity building
- Knowledge exchange
- Developing assurance and practice
- Partnership and sustainability
In everything we do the DPC shall:
- Operate as a neutral body.
- Embrace a consultative, innovative and open approach.
- Engage in a collaborative manner with all stakeholders to comprehend and respond to their needs.
- Maintain sound stewardship of the Coalition’s resources.
- Share best practice and enable knowledge transfer with our members to support their local priorities.
- Maintain vendor neutrality.
- Support developments of standards and generic approaches to digital preservation.
- Respond to the needs of members in the delivery of services.
- Be authoritative, current and concise in all our publications and communications.
For more details see
27 Jan 2015 | 9:05am
DPC members invited to take part in new VeraPDF Project Webinar for Review of Functional Specification - Tuesday 3rd February 2015
26 Jan 2015 | 14:30pm
Registration now open for the third in the series of the DPC’s ‘Technology Bytes’ and ‘Digital Preservation in Action’ Webinar Series.
26 Jan 2015 | 9:08am
Recording from DPC 'Digital Preservation in Action' with Maureen Pennock at the British Library now available
23 Jan 2015 | 14:02pm
19 Jan 2015 | 9:34am
19 Jan 2015 | 8:38am
DPC on Twitter
- Digital Preservation Coalition publishes ‘OAIS Introductory Guide (2nd Edition)’ Technology Watch Report
- Digital Archives Officer Vacancy at University of St Andrews Library
- Vacancy at Trinity College Dublin: Research Fellow in Data Curation
- Vacancy at The National Archives: Senior Digital Archivist (Maternity Cover)
- 'Technology Bytes’ and ‘Digital Preservation in Action’ – New webinars announced and first sessions now open for member registration
- Vacancy at Archaeology Data Service: Collections Development Manager