In this section
The Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC) is an advocate and catalyst for digital preservation, enabling our members to deliver resilient long-term access to content and services, and helping them derive enduring value from digital collections. We raise awareness of the importance of the preservation of digital material and the attendant strategic, cultural and technological issues. We are a not-for-profit membership organisation and we support our members through knowledge exchange, capacity building, assurance, advocacy and partnership. Our vision is to make our digital memory accessible tomorrow.
We concentrate our activities on the following five strategic themes:
- Workforce development and capacity building
- Knowledge exchange
- Developing assurance and practice
- Partnership and sustainability
In everything we do the DPC shall:
- Operate as a neutral body.
- Embrace a consultative, innovative and open approach.
- Engage in a collaborative manner with all stakeholders to comprehend and respond to their needs.
- Maintain sound stewardship of the Coalition’s resources.
- Share best practice and enable knowledge transfer with our members to support their local priorities.
- Maintain vendor neutrality.
- Support developments of standards and generic approaches to digital preservation.
- Respond to the needs of members in the delivery of services.
- Be authoritative, current and concise in all our publications and communications.
For more details see
26 Feb 2015 | 11:17am
26 Feb 2015 | 7:54am
12 Feb 2015 | 14:51pm
'Management, Preservation and Publishing of Digital Data for Archaeologists' Workshop at the University of Leicester, 9th-10th March
12 Feb 2015 | 12:46am
Early bird registration rate extended for Archiving Tomorrow 2015 Conference, Birmingham, 12th - 13th March 2015
10 Feb 2015 | 11:35am
Registration now open for the fourth in the series of the DPC’s ‘Technology Bytes’ and ‘Digital Preservation in Action’ Webinar Series
9 Feb 2015 | 10:55am
DPC on Twitter
- Vacancy at The National Archives: Senior Digital Archivist (Maternity Cover)
- Vacancy at Archaeology Data Service: Collections Development Manager
- The DPC is delighted to announce that Paul Wheatley will be joining our staff in March as Head of Research and Practice
- The University of Sheffield joins the Digital Preservation Coalition
- Vacancy at the University of Melbourne: Research Data Curator
- Call for Consultancy: Mechanism for International Criminal Tribunals