In this section
The Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC) exists to make our digital memory accessible tomorrow.
At the core of our values is the belief that thoughtful preservation creates the conditions in which optimal value can be delivered from digital collections. Therefore digital preservation is a necessary and achievable social and organisational good, requiring specific and shared action. However, as a cross-sector body, we recognise that different requirements in different contexts mean that there are different paths to ensuring our digital memory is accessible tomorrow. So we encourage dialogue and collaboration based on mutual respect. In order that we can speak with authority and integrity, we shall:
- Maintain neutrality in respect to solutions, approaches, sectors and vendors.
- Amplify the needs and successes of our members.
- Be open to all stakeholders.
- Maintain sound stewardship of the Coalition’s resources.
- Respond to the needs of members in the delivery of services.
- Be authoritative, current and concise in all our publications and communications
We enable our members to deliver resilient long-term access to digital content and services, helping them to derive enduring value from digital collections and raising awareness of the attendant strategic, cultural and technological challenges they face. We achieve our aims through advocacy, workforce development, capacity-building and partnership.
Responding to the current digital preservation landscape, in the three years from January 2015 to December 2018 we will pursue four strategic objectives:
- A political and institutional climate responsive to the need for digital preservation
- Competent and responsive workforces ready to address the challenges of digital preservation
- Better tools, smarter processes and enhanced capacity in digital preservation
- Closer and more productive collaboration within and beyond the Coalition
For more details see
7 Dec 2016 | 14:17pm
7 Dec 2016 | 11:41am
5 Dec 2016 | 13:41pm
29 Nov 2016 | 10:40am
29 Nov 2016 | 10:11am
24 Nov 2016 | 13:51pm
DPC on Twitter
- Digital Preservation Awards
- HSBC UK Corporate Archivist Vacancy
- iPRES 2016 Blog | Session - Ingest Tools and Methods
- iPRES 2016 Blog | Panel Session - Challenges and Benefits of a Collaboration of the Collaborators
- Archives Assistant Vacancy with University of Edinburgh
- Project Archivist Vacancy with University of Edinburgh