In this section
The Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC) is an advocate and catalyst for digital preservation, enabling our members to deliver resilient long-term access to content and services, and helping them derive enduring value from digital collections. We raise awareness of the importance of the preservation of digital material and the attendant strategic, cultural and technological issues. We are a not-for-profit membership organisation and we support our members through knowledge exchange, capacity building, assurance, advocacy and partnership. Our vision is to make our digital memory accessible tomorrow.
We concentrate our activities on the following five strategic themes:
- Workforce development and capacity building
- Knowledge exchange
- Developing assurance and practice
- Partnership and sustainability
In everything we do the DPC shall:
- Operate as a neutral body.
- Embrace a consultative, innovative and open approach.
- Engage in a collaborative manner with all stakeholders to comprehend and respond to their needs.
- Maintain sound stewardship of the Coalition’s resources.
- Share best practice and enable knowledge transfer with our members to support their local priorities.
- Maintain vendor neutrality.
- Support developments of standards and generic approaches to digital preservation.
- Respond to the needs of members in the delivery of services.
- Be authoritative, current and concise in all our publications and communications.
For more details see
27 Mar 2015 | 12:45am
27 Mar 2015 | 8:26am
Recording now available for DPC 'Technology Bytes' webinar with Ed Pinsent and Steph Taylor, ULCC on 'Preservation Planning Tools'
26 Mar 2015 | 15:12pm
25 Mar 2015 | 11:19am
New roadshow date announced: Registration now open for DPC 'Getting Started in Preservation' event, London, 23rd April 2015
24 Mar 2015 | 12:22am
Places still available for DPC 'Getting Started in Digital Preservation' Event at the University of Leeds, 31 March 2015
23 Mar 2015 | 12:25am
DPC on Twitter
- Vacancy at the University of Melbourne: Research Data Curator
- Vacancy at The British Library: Repository Manager
- Vacancy at Sheffield University: Digital Preservation Manager
- Vacancy at the Parliamentary Archives, London: Head of Information & Records Management
- HSBC Archives joins the Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC)
- DPC Offers Scholarships for the Digital Preservation Training Programme, March 2015