In this section
The Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC) is an advocate and catalyst for digital preservation, enabling our members to deliver resilient long-term access to content and services, and helping them derive enduring value from digital collections. We raise awareness of the importance of the preservation of digital material and the attendant strategic, cultural and technological issues. We are a not-for-profit membership organisation and we support our members through knowledge exchange, capacity building, assurance, advocacy and partnership. Our vision is to make our digital memory accessible tomorrow.
We concentrate our activities on the following five strategic themes:
- Workforce development and capacity building
- Knowledge exchange
- Developing assurance and practice
- Partnership and sustainability
In everything we do the DPC shall:
- Operate as a neutral body.
- Embrace a consultative, innovative and open approach.
- Engage in a collaborative manner with all stakeholders to comprehend and respond to their needs.
- Maintain sound stewardship of the Coalition’s resources.
- Share best practice and enable knowledge transfer with our members to support their local priorities.
- Maintain vendor neutrality.
- Support developments of standards and generic approaches to digital preservation.
- Respond to the needs of members in the delivery of services.
- Be authoritative, current and concise in all our publications and communications.
For more details see
30 Sep 2014 | 12:27am
30 Sep 2014 | 0:00am
29 Sep 2014 | 20:04pm
26 Sep 2014 | 7:06am
Current Trends and Future Directions for Digital Imaging in Libraries and Archives: registration now open
25 Sep 2014 | 7:31am
24 Sep 2014 | 10:46am
DPC on Twitter
- Our digital memory tomorrow: finalists announced for the Digital Preservation Awards 2014
- DPA2014: DPC Award for Safeguarding the Digital Legacy - Finalists
- Out now: the Digital Preservation Coalition shares its new prospectus for 2014- 2015.
- 4C Project releases Curation Costs Exchange beta - supporting smarter investments by comparing digital curation costs
- DPA 2014: OPF Award for Research and Innovation - Finalists
- DPA 2014: DPC Award for the Most Distinguished Student - Finalists