In this section
The DPC seeks to lower the barriers to digital preservation, making long term access achievable for all. But it is hard to know where to start. Digital preservation is daunting enough: a decade or more of research has shown that long term access to data is achievable. The proliferation of projects tools and services has had the effect of putting digital preservation within reach but has also made it harder to know where to start. The DPC offers a generic advice service which tries to match advice to members' needs. The following links provide guidance to help you get started, work out who is doing what, and provide a more sustained introduction to specific technical and organisational challenges.
- Preservation Handbook is intended as a simple but comprehensive guide to Digital Preservation planning for all kinds of projects and institutions.
- Technology Watch Reports are commissioned by DPC from leading developers and are intended to provide an advanced introduction for those looking at specific issues of preservation and access
- What's New in Digital Preservation provides a short, frequently updated digest of new events, projects and services as they emerge.
- The DPC Annual Reports provide an annual overview of the DPC community. They are a guide to what a large cross section of institutions are doing to ensure continuing access.
- Case notes in digital preservation - from April 2010
- Occasional papers - from time to time the DPC commissions or publishes papers on specific topics which provide an advanced reconnaissance to those engaged in digital preservation.
Vacancy for a Lecturer post the University of Sheffield, Faculty of Social Sciences, Information School
5 Feb 2016 | 15:56pm
DPC Offers Scholarships to Members for DPTP - The Practice of Digital Preservation, 14-16 March 2016, London
5 Feb 2016 | 10:00am
Recording now available for the DPC ‘Filling the Digital Preservation Gap’ Webinar with Jenny Mitcham and Simon Wilson
3 Feb 2016 | 13:32pm
1 Feb 2016 | 15:17pm
Preserving Transactional Data Briefing Day 17 March - registration now open to DPC members and UK Big Data Network centres
1 Feb 2016 | 11:23am
1 Feb 2016 | 11:10am
DPC on Twitter
- New DPC Technology Watch Report available; ‘Personal Digital Archiving’
- Vacancy at Tate: Conservation Manager for Time-Based Media
- Registration Opens for 'What I Wish I Knew Before I Started': DPC Student Conference 2016
- Six vacancies at Cambridge University Library and the Bodleian Libraries: Digital Preservation Specialist, (Polonsky Fellow)
- Vacancy at King's College London: Lecturer in Digital Curation
- The National Archives and Research Libraries UK have issued an Invitation to Tender for a Research Study